SciTech Campus location
Colgan Hall, Suite 201
It is the essential Mission of the Office of the University Registrar to implement the academic policy of George Mason University as well as applicable federal and commonwealth laws. This includes:
- maintaining accurate and secure records of all students and issuing transcripts and verifications of student records;
- conducting registration;
- preparing and publishing online the Schedule of Classes and the University Catalog;
- administering academic policy;
- awarding and posting degrees;
- determining student eligibility for NCAA athletic participation, Veteran’s educational benefits, and in-state tuition status;
- providing individual student data and decision-support information to the academic community.
It is central to our mission to provide high-level, customer-oriented services – and information about both services and policies – to our student, faculty, and administrative customers. An inherent goal is to balance the competing needs of our various constituencies as fairly as possible and within the confines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended.